First timers and veteran gardeners alike can miscalculate the time and effort it takes to maintain gardens of any size. Unfortunately, plants will quickly begin to suffer once you neglect to water them. By equipping your property with an automatic garden watering system in Yelm, WA, you can avoid missed watering days and lower your monthly water bills, as well as enjoy other benefits. Here’s a look at some of the advantages you can enjoy:
- Your lawn and garden will thrive: Flowers, grass and vegetable gardens have a tendency to grow faster and healthier when watered in smaller increments over a longer stretch of time. This method, along with other required natural elements for successful plant growth, can take some credit for greener grass, brighter colored flowers and bigger and tastier vegetables.
- You’re less likely to waste water: If you’ve pledged to save water—either due to living in a drought area or to do your part to conserve water—a drip system is a fantastic option. These days, drip systems and other garden irrigation setups come ready with timers to automatically turn on and off. Every drop will drip where it’s needed instead of turning into wasted water runoff and, when compared to watering by hand, accidental overwatering is less likely to happen.
- You’ll save time: Many homeowners actually enjoy watering by hand. Watering using a good old-fashioned nozzle pulls you away from the television, computer and other digital devices, leaving distraction-free time to think with a clear mind. But there are likely to be days when you might not have the time to hand water or you’re away on vacation. Don’t punish your plants—instead, install a timesaving automatic watering system that you can set to water on scheduled days and at specific times.
- You’ll save money on your water bill: Between fluctuating water rates and changing weather conditions, it can be difficult to compare your monthly water bills for water usage, let alone cost savings. The best you can do is conserve water used in the garden every week, which now is easier than ever to do with an automatic garden watering system in Yelm, WA. Save money on your water bills at the push of a button—a button that programs a timer to water at specific intervals! On some systems, you’ll even have the option to set rain sensors so the water won’t turn on if it’s raining.
- Weeds will dwindle: If you water by hand or use sprinklers, then you’ve probably noticed an abundance of weeds surrounding bushes and garden beds. Perhaps some of the weeds are even more vibrant than your own plants! Start using a garden watering system, such as a drip system, and you will notice a reduction in weed growth. Why is this? Whereas hand watering with a spray nozzle can shoot water onto as well as around plants, a drip system is targeted watering, dispensing water only to the plants you want to live.
Electric Showers Irrigation is leading the way in residential and commercial irrigation system installation, and we strive to keep your garden looking its best all year round. Contact us today for all of your garden watering system needs!