Winter, spring, summer or fall, no matter what time of year it is, plants still need to be watered, and watered correctly. While watering by hand doesn’t take much effort, it can present challenges in regards to the amount of time it can eat up. Have you ever considered looking for an alternative to watering by hand? Here are six reasons why you might want to install a garden irrigation system in Yelm, WA:
- You have a huge yard: Attempting to water a big grassy lawn with a manual spray nozzle can be daunting, especially during hot summer months. You can call in the professionals or do it yourself, but owners of large yards can benefit greatly from installing timer equipped sprinklers or a drip system for smaller grassy strips. To not have an excessive amount of water runoff, sprinkler heads should be professionally fitted to line the entirety of your yard.
- You have hard to reach plants: Vegetable gardens are often planted closer to the home where a hose can reach, but this is not always the case when it comes to bushes, flower beds and smaller trees. Plants up on backyard hills or bordering down a side yard as well as growing crops on large farm properties can be harder to reach with a hose—these are situations in which a garden irrigation system in Yelm, WA could be useful.
- Weather is not ideal for watering by hand: The summer heat can be unbearable at times, and the winter cold too bitter. When the weather gets rough, you can’t just ignore your vegetation. Since plants cannot water themselves, and chances are you’ll simply not water by hand if the temperatures reach uncomfortable highs or lows, consider installing a programmable garden irrigation system to get the job done.
- Plants need to be watered while you’re away: Just think of the convenience of having an automatic watering system to look after your garden while you’re away! You will no longer worry wondering if your flowers have dried up or if your summer vegetable garden has died. Enjoy your vacation knowing you’ll be coming home to a lush, thriving garden.
- Watering by hand can require a lot of time: Manually watering a garden is undoubtedly time consuming. You have a green thumb, but you also want to have a life outside of maintaining your yards and gardens daily, regardless of the season. Even if you view watering by hand in a relaxing light, having the option to set a timer to a watering schedule during those weeks you’re too busy can be helpful.
- Physical limitations can be problematic: Whether you’re an older individual, have an injury or suffer from back pain, physical limitations can turn you away from any kind of gardening and the duties that come with it, including planting, keeping it neat and watering on a schedule. Let a garden irrigation system shoulder the burden of daily watering so you can avoid causing further issues to your range of motion.
With a garden irrigation system in Yelm, WA, your vegetation will receive water at certain times, on specific days, for a scheduled length of time. If this sounds like something you can benefit from, contact the team at Electric Showers Irrigation for a customized irrigation solution.