When irrigation systems in Yelm, WA are mentioned, many people will first consider the agricultural applications or imagine large, lush gardens. In truth, irrigation affects many sectors of life and different properties both private and public. The common desire behind an irrigation system is to reduce labor, which is why you will find systems on properties of all sizes. To get an idea of how much these systems affect our lives, here are six places that regularly install and use irrigation:
- Wineries: The quality of wine depends on grapes growing properly. Too much or too little water can affect the vintage and make the difference between a wildly profitable year and a major disaster. Wineries often install both sprinkler and drip irrigation to support vast grape fields. Vintners adjust watering to current weather and the growth quality so far during a season. Irrigation systems in Yelm, WA for these operations are designed to be very adaptive for that reason.
- Sports fields: Soccer and baseball fields require maintenance, and installing an irrigation system makes that easier—especially during arid times of year. These also require a degree of specialization because exposed sprinkler heads or hoses can cause injury to athletes. Easily portable sprinkler systems are handy here, as well as underground designs.
- Greenhouses: Irrigation can travel to covered areas, too, and greenhouses are welcome beneficiaries. Whether the greenhouse contains nursery plants or items under scientific study, making the watering process easier reduces labor and allows attention to be directed towards other tasks. Drip systems are more frequently employed here for obvious reasons—there is no reason to spray walls and floors in a covered environment when water can be contained to the plants themselves.
- Parks: Municipalities are frequent clients of irrigation systems, not only for their own grounds keeping, but also for their parks. Keeping parks attractive and well-watered is a good local effort that attracts people to these sites. These systems are cost-effective, too, which allows people to enjoy their local resources without worrying about wasted tax revenue.
- Residences: Yards both small and large benefit from irrigation, whether it involves sprinklers or drip systems. It often depends on the plants being grown and the size of the yard. There are different setups for lawn care than for garden care, and people often want other accessories installed, as well, such as path lighting. Not only does residential irrigation make it easier to maintain your landscaping, but it can also be an opportunity to add other elements to your yard.
- Hobby farms: We are all accustomed to large agricultural enterprises using irrigation, but the systems help the small farmer, too. Many hobby farms belong to recent retirees who do not necessarily want to haul heavy equipment or make watering pastures and gardens an all-day task. Adding systems of sprinklers and drip irrigation support small farming efforts. You can also decide to add these systems to your purely decorative landscape.
Electric Showers Irrigation installs irrigation systems in Yelm, WA for residential and commercial purposes. Call us today for a free estimate.